– State Rep. David Millard (R-Columbia) today announced that the Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFC) has awarded $334,111 in grants to volunteer first responder organizations in the 109th legislative district through the COVID-19 Crisis Fire, Rescue and EMS Grant program. The purpose of this funding is to provide financial relief and assistance to first responder organizations that have been negatively impacted by COVID-19 mitigation measures and have lost revenues over the last several months.
Eligible expenses for which the money can be used include utilities, insurance, apparatus repairs, fuel, personal protective equipment, sanitizing/disinfecting services and lost revenues.
“Our first responder organizations have been hit incredibly hard by COVID-19 mitigation measures, and they need our help,” said Millard. “In our most dangerous and desperate times, we count on our volunteer fire, rescue and EMS organizations to be there for us. The least we can do is be there for them now.”
The following organizations in the 109th district were awarded grants:
• Beaver Township Volunteer Fire Company: $22,603.
• Benton Volunteer Fire Company: $22,603.
• Bloomsburg Fire Department: $24,657.
• Buckhorn Community Volunteer Fire Company No. 1: $22,740.
• Catawissa Hose Company No. 1: $22,877.
• Espy Fire Company No. 1: $23,014.
• Lime Ridge Fire Company No. 1: $22,877.
• Main Township Volunteer Fire Company: $23,014.
• Mifflin Township Forest Rangers & Fire Company No. 1: $23,288.
• Millville Community Fire Company: $11,094.
• North Mountain Volunteer Fire Company: $22,603.
• Orangeville Volunteer Fire Company: $23,151.
• Ranger Hose Company 2: $22,740.
• Reliance Fire Company No. 1: $24,247.
• West Berwick Hose Company No. 1: $22,603.
Program funds must be used for eligible expenses initiated on or after March 6 and completed on or before Dec. 30 to be considered eligible for the grant program. Recipients should expect to receive further communication from OSFC in the coming weeks.
Representative David Millard
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Kevin DiGuiseppe
717.260.6419 (office), 610.937.4679 (cell)